Saturday, January 22, 2011

Humility


I am a big fan of humility. That sounds strange to say, but it's true. Humility, as I understand it, is being right sized. That means not thinking too much of myself nor too little. Often times I find I prefer one of those two extremes. Being humble to me is the balance of my two instincts. When I have humility throughout my day, it usually is a good day. Humiliation on the other hand is the consequence I can face when I go too far towards either end of the spectrum and usually is what is brought to mind when humility is brought up. On more occasions than I would like, I get to experience some humiliation which is rough till I remember I am just coming back to center. Hopefully I stop there and do not swing to far towards too little. Today I am glad to ask for enough humility to get through my day. I do also just ask for that, "enough" humility. Why tempt fate too much?

No comments: